woensdag 4 maart 2015

My Kitchen experiences PART THREE - Homemade sundried tomatoes


I've always adored sundried tomatoes but only bought them a few times a year because it's expensive.

And I hate it when superfoods are expensive.

The good news: you can make it at home only using a few tomatoes and some extra virgin olive oil ( and a bit of salt).

Chop the tomatoes into small chunks and put them into an oven casserole.

Add a few tablespoon of olive oil and add some salt.

Put it into the oven at 90 degrees and wait for six hours.




Quite a long time, isn't it? But check the price tags at the grocery store and realize how much money you're saving.

And some more good news: you can preserve the tomatoes in a jar of olive oil up to six months.

Now I bet YOU will never go back prefab sundried tomatoes.



PS: don't forget to join my google + community:  Stef in the kitchen

Facebook page: Stef on a journey







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Blogarchief